AH THE WONDERFUL NINETIES.
Back in the day when we all wore pedal pushers and butterfly clips in our hair. When the worst thing that could happen to you was forgetting your P.E kit and having to do it in your pants and socks and when everybody thought they were a member of Spice girls or Boyzone.
It’s hard to comprehend that they are long gone and that we are all actually facing adulthood now, the idea of a mortgage is really off putting and everyone around you has either had a baby or are pregnant.
Here are a few things to help you reminisce on your glorious 90’s childhood.
1. Spending pocket money on TY Beanie babies in hope that one day, your cute teddy bears will make you really rich.
2. Squirting purple ketchup on your chips was brilliant.
3. Collecting all the photos for the Spice Girls photo album.
4. Watching hopeless people try and get a date on Blind Date was a highlight of your week.
6. Constantly playing Beehive Bedlam on Sky before your dinner.
7. Window shopping for new toys in Woolworths cos your mum would never let you have anything
8. Always wanting a pager but never knowing what they actually do, they just looked cool
9. Swapping Pokemon cards with anyone and everyone who wanted to.
10. Putting posters, torn from a Smash Hits magazine in your bedroom.
11. Going to the school disco and getting off your tits on this.
12. While at the disco, trying your hardest to remember all the dance moves to S Club 7’s new routine (and trying to get your teachers involved)
13. Being so excited to visit Tammy girl to buy the new crop tops and patchwork denim jeans, just to look like your idols from b*witched and Atomic Kitten.
14. Going to Toys’R’Us after a hard week of learning how to tell the time and wanting ANYTHING you could persuade your mum and dad to buy you
15. Trying to force two aliens to make babies by rubbing their heads together. Someones friend at a different school managed it, so why couldn’t you?!
16. Hiring out “Little Rascals” for the 109th time from the video shop and your parents just sighing
17. Spending your whole playtime arguing over which Spice Girl you and your friends are
18. Playing Snake whenever, however. You didn’t care, as long as you were on it.
19. Buzzing to go to the news agents to buy Mizz magazine and reading all the embarrassing stories and discussing them with your friends the next day
20. While at said newsagents, buying a freddo for 10 pence. (Inflation SUCKS)
21. The discomfort of an inflatable chair.
22. Being amazed by Spider Solitaire after years of just having plain boring Solitaire.
23. THEN THIS CAME OUT AND CHANGED EVERYONES LIFE
24. Going through the Argos catalogue near your birthday/Christmas and ticking everything you wanted, as a hint for parents/Father Christmas.
25.Remember when the £2 coin came out? They were so GOOD
26. Trying to play on one of these bad boys was the hardest thing to do
27. Being pretty convinced you were going to be a part of the SM:TV live audience one day
28.Putting pop in to the lid of your bottle and downing it like you were doing shots
29. Thinking you were the most gangsta person in your class cos you taught everyone how to make graffiti “S”s
30. Collecting as many of these in as many different colours as possible to protect your pringles
For some more pure 90s memories here is a short video counting down the top 100 selling singles of the 1990s. Enjoy.
Best Selling Singles of the 1990s in the UK
[youtube id=”T_A2IEnv_Js” width=”620″ height=”360″]
If you were a child or teenager of the nineties then please share this post using the buttons below.