This post shows 18 images from under the microscope. I remember as a kid being fascinated with my microscope and putting all sorts of things from the garden under there to see what I could see.
These images however are from a far more powerful scope. The images here are phenomenal and are taken from the book ‘Microcosmos’, created by Brandon Brill . This book includes many scanning electron microscope (SEM) images of insects, human body parts and household items.
We are often spooked and told by the media of what little micro organisms are living and thriving all around us. Sometimes we would probably not want to know – luckily these are not all images of what little creatures are crawling around your body or in your bed. A lot of these images are just bog standard everyday items, but they look like some sort of futuristic alien landscape when put under the microscope!
Please share using the Facebook button below if you find it interesting.
1. A woodland ant holding a microchip
2. Unidentified butterfly eggs on a plant
3. The weave of a nylon stocking
4. The head of a mosquito
5. The 8 eyes of a tarantula
6. The end of the tongue of a Hawkmoth
7. The surface of a strawberry
8. Razor blade cutting hair
9. Mushroom spores
10. Human sperm
11. Human head lice on a strand of hair
12. Household dust
13. Eyelash hairs growing from skin
14. Cigarette paper
16. Bacteria on the human tongue
17. The end of a rusty nail
18. A close up shot of Velcro
So there we go, amazing shots. Please share.
Original source: Greenbuzzz.com